Richard L. Ingraham, DDS, MS, PA
Richard L. Ingraham, D.D.S., M.S., P.A., is a specialist in the field of orthodontics and a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, a distinction accorded only 25% of American orthodontists after a rigorous examination process.
Dr. Ingraham completed his undergraduate degree in his home state at the University of Arizona. He received his Doctor of Dental Surgery from Baylor University and a Master of Science in Orthodontics from the University of Missouri-Kansas City Dental School, two of the most prestigious colleges of dentistry in the nation. He served in the United States Navy as a general dentist in Rota, Spain and was a member of the teaching faculty in the Department of Orthodontics at the University of Missouri-Kansas Dental School prior to establishing his private practice in orthodontics in Corpus Christi. Dr. Ingraham has completed five state board examinations and is licensed to practice dentistry in Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona, Missouri and Kansas.
In an effort to keep up with the ever-changing world of technology and the advances in orthodontic care, Dr. Ingraham regularly attends numerous training and educational seminars. He is active in professional and civic organizations including:
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southwest Society of Orthodontics
- Alumnus Leadership Corpus Christi
- Cleft Palate Team, Driscoll Children’s Hospital
- Past President Nueces Valley District Dental Society
- Board Member of The South Texas School of Christian Studies
- SureSmile Doctor of the Year Award 2008, Orlando, Florida
- Caller Times Health Care Hero Award for Dental Excellence in Health Care 2013
Dr. Ingraham’s orthodontic treatment philosophy is patient-centered. As an orthodontist, Dr. Ingraham understands the importance of his responsibility to every patient, whether adult, teen or child. His philosophy is based on the knowledge that as a trained specialist in orthodontics, he is generally the first professional asked to make decisions than can enhance or diminish a patient’s facial appearance. His treatment philosophy includes:
- Selecting the best time to begin treatment based on age, growth and development
- Individualized, customized treatment planning for each patient offering the most innovative technologies
- Non-extraction techniques
Dr. Ingraham and his wife, Jo, have one daughter and three grandchildren. They are members of First Baptist, Corpus Christi where he serves in various capacities of leadership. He is fluent in Spanish and enjoys the cultural heritage of South Texas and the Southwest. Dr. Ingraham is passionate about orthodontics and the opportunity his profession provides him to create beautiful smiles.