Orthodontic treatment will improve your health and your appearance. Correcting jaw discrepancies, such as overbite and underbite, will make chewing, talking and even breathing more comfortable for you. Decreasing stress to the bones and tissues that support your teeth decreases the risk of gum and bone deterioration, which is the leading cause of adult tooth loss.
Orthodontic treatment can correct:
- Crowded, missing or badly spaced teeth
- Protruded teeth and jaws
- Deep overbite, underbite and openbite
- Speech problems as well as difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Head, neck and facial pain
- Jaws that pop or click
- Excessive wear of teeth
Advances in technology in orthodontics provide:
- Cosmetic Appeal – Today, braces are smaller and less visible than ever. Popular choices include clear ceramic brackets and clear plastic aligners (Invisalign) customized for your needs.
- Shortened Treatment Times with AcceleDent, SureSmile and Damon System Braces.
- Nickel Titanium Alloy, Temperature-Sensitive Archwires – Truly a space-age improvement, these replacements for traditional stainless steel wires were developed by NASA. These wires allow teeth to move continuously over longer periods of time, providing increased comfort and decreased treatment times and appointments.